Your donations will help to cover the costs of running my campaign.
Your generous donation to my campaign will help to run a professional campaign, share my message, and allow me to work towards building a stronger ward KARHIIO and Edmonton City. Your information will be kept confidential, and it will only be used for the purpose of staying informed of the happenings about my Campaign and matters related to The City Elections. We will never sell or reveal this list to any third party. You may unsubscribe from any email communications at any time.
A contribution is something given to a candidate to support their campaign. This could be money, use of property or a service.
Before the campaign period
- Aspiring candidates can collect contributions before the campaign period.
- The total of these contributions cannot exceed $5,000 per year.
During the campaign period
- Only candidates can receive contributions during the campaign period.
- Only individuals who live in Alberta can contribute to a candidate’s campaign. Corporations, unincorporated organizations, employee organizations and trade unions are prohibited from making contributions.
- Candidates must not accept anonymous contributions.
- The Government of Alberta sets limits on the amount that can be contributed to a candidate’s campaign.
- Individuals can contribute up to $5,000 in total to a candidate’s campaign during the campaign period.
- Individuals can contribute to as many candidate’s campaigns as they choose.
- Candidates can self-fund their campaigns. Those contributions can not exceed $10,000 during the campaign period.
Source: City of Edmonton